Tuesday, July 7, 2009

26 Weeks...

Yeah...we are so happy to be at 26 weeks. We still have a long way to go but at least we're getting closer! We went up to Utah Valley Hospital for our 26 week appointment yesterday to have Tristan's amniotic fluid checked... so far so good. It has increased slightly but not to a level of real concern. We were a little confused with the information given from our last trip up north, on which baby had the extra amniotic fluid and which baby had the two vessel cord. We are now calling the babies by their names because it is easier to tell them apart rather than using baby A and baby B. So let me explain...baby B in the past was Tristan and he is on my left side. He is the one with extra fluid (9.9 cm) and a two vessel cord, the smaller of the two babies. Baby A, which we call Titan has about 3 to 4 cm of fluid in his sac and has a three vessel cord, making him the bigger of the two and he is positioned on my right side, he is very very active. We were getting conflicting information from our two doctors and for those of you who don't know, they always call the baby closest to the cervix baby A, so depending on who's closer at the time of the ultrasound gets to be baby A. Now that that is all clear, we are doing well. The road trips are long and uncomfortable most of the time and we are hoping we don't have to do them much longer. The doctor up at Utah Valley told me to plan on delivering up there but I don't know that I feel comfortable having just any doctor deliver me. She said who ever was on call for the day would be the one to deliver, either a family doctor or an OB. I would much rather deliver here at home for many reasons.
1. I am already established with my OB down here and he knows my history/situation.
2. If I deliver down here , I will be able to come home and sleep in my own bed, shower in my own shower, etc.
3. After having a C-Section, they don't let you drive so I wouldn't be able to see the babies as often as I would like.
4. If I deliver up north Jeremy may not make it in time for the delivery and would only be able to see us on the weekends.
5. And what if one baby got discharged to go home and the other had to stay...then who would baby sit the one so I could see the other?
6. If I delivered up north I would most likely have to stay up there until October (their due date).
7. There are many reasons why I would rather stay home to delivery!

Any way we are all doing great and I still feel fantastic. Tristan's head is really low and occasionally causes cramps so I called my OB to see if I could sneak out of the house and into the pool to try and relieve some of the pressure...thankfully he was okay with that!
We will see our OB on Monday and will post again then.
Again thanks for your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment