Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Positive Pregnancy Test!

I came home from work on Super Bowl Sunday during the last quarter of the game, and told Jeremy that I couldn't wait any longer, I just had to know. Earlier Jeremy and I had decided to not look at the test results until I got home from work, when we could look at them together. I honestly didn't mean to interupt the game but I just couldn't wait any longer. Before reviewing my HCG levels, I explained to Jeremy that anything above 5 is considered positive. My HCG levels on day 8 (post embryo transfer) were 147. We had it drawn again on day 10 and it was 262. By this time I was a bit worried because I was expecting the number to be higher, considering it doubled every day. Again I had my HCG level drawn, but this time at day 20 and the Nurse Practitioner said that the number should be around 2000. On Friday the 13th of February, my HCG level was almost 10,000. At this point I knew there had to be more than one baby.
Here is my pre-pregnancy belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment