Thursday, March 26, 2009

Good News!

Last week, while working at the Insta Care I was exposed to a bad virus (Parvovirus AKA fifths disease) it's known to be harmful to the fetus especially in the first trimester, and can cause still birth. I called my doctor's office on Monday morning, his nurse said to come in for a blood draw. When I got there my doctor met me in the waiting room and said "often times working in the medical field we are exposed to things we don't ever know about and become immune". My doctor just called to tell me that I am immune to the virus and have no other signs of infection. Yeah, what a relief! Jeremy and I have really considered me calling it quits... no more working, but we'll just have to see what the doctor says on Monday at my 12 week visit.
I have gained a total of 4lbs and thought that I was doing good until I read a blog from another quad mom who had gained 34lbs by her 13th week. I also found a blog that has info on a book by Dr. Barbra Luke entitled, "When your expecting Twins, Triplets, and Quads". In her book she has a eating plan, and with that studies to show that following her eating plan, babies have higher birth weights and fewer problems. I guess I will have to try harder to make myself eat, although my belly some how doesn't seem to notice... it just keeps on growing. The doctor said the babies are selfish and will take what they want to get the nutrition they need.
Jeremy is already trying to tackle the medical bills that somehow find themselves in our mail box on a daily basis. My Echo alone cost $800, another $350 for the doctor to read it and another $290 for the holter monitor, which I still don't have the results to. It's a good thing we are double covered and have a supplemental insurance for the NICU (Aflack).
Tomorrow will be my last estrogen injection and my last progesterone suppository, how I never thought I would see the day! For all those out there who have to go through the pains of IVF, I understand.
Tomorrow the owner of Wee Kids will be coming out to our house to give us ideas for the nursery. She has offered to give us a discount on cribs...do I really need four?

2 comments:

  1. Yes you really need 4!! You need 4 of almost everything. Congratulations by the way, you are in for the ride of your life. I will be following you all the way through it. If you ever have any questions just let me know. Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your immunity. I didn't buy 4 of everything. We only have 2 cribs and they share just fine. They learn to sleep through each other crying. It sounds like you are doing a great job of growing babies. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete