Friday, August 28, 2009

It's almost time!

We went in for our 33 week appointment yesterday and had an ultrasound to check for placement and another non-stress test. The non-stress test indicated that the babies are healthy and doing well. My blood pressure was 135/91 a little high so we are watching it closley and the ultrasound showed that both babies are still head down. My doctor wanted to check my cervix for the first time, which probably wasn't such a good idea because I began having contractions every 3-5 minutes. He said I am 2cm dilated and 90% effaced. He said I have the perfect cervix and wants my to try for a vaginal delivery... I was really hoping for a C-section. He said it should be a breeze because they are low and will probably only weigh around 4lbs each. I had to go to labor and delivery and be monitored for over three hours, I received a steroid injection to help the babies lungs mature just in case they come within the next few days. I have to go in again today at 4pm for my second steroid injection, blood pressure check, non-stress test, and cervical check. I wasn't able to sleep last night because my contractions continued until midnight or so and then finally eased up. I slept from midnight until 4am and have been nesting since. I wanted to get my things ready just in case I have to stay when I go back in this afternoon. If I don't have them this weekend then I will be seen on Monday morning for the babies measurements and another cervical check.
Thanks again for following our blog and we will keep you posted on when Tristan and Titan arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment