Monday, June 22, 2009

24 weeks...

Our trip to Utah Valley Hospital went well. We had a two hour ultrasound because the boys wouldn't behave. The tech said she has never had twins move around so much, I tried to tell her they didn't like the ultrasound wand. The amniotic fluid in Baby B's sac has increased and has been diagnosed as Polyhydramnios (too much amniotic fluid) which may eventually have to be pulled off but is not related to TTTS (Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome). Baby A has been diagnosed with having only a two vessel cord instead of three and will have to be closely monitored for IUGR (Intra Uterine Growth Restriction). Baby A measured in at approximately 1lb 4oz and baby B at 1lb 6oz.
The doctor also checked my cervix and so far it has not dilated but is already beginning to thin which could also lead to preterm labor. I was told the babies will probably be as early as 28 to 32 weeks. The doctor at Utah Valley said I could come home for two weeks and then she would like to check the babies and the fluid every two weeks. If I begin to dialate then I will stay up north and will be admitted to the hospital once I reach 3cm. If I can hold on to the babies past 32 weeks I may be able to deliver down here. I have been put on strict bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy so if anyone wants to come and visit... I am always here!
We will be seeing our regular OB next Monday for my glucose tolerance test to screen for gestational diabetes and to have the boys measured.
Please continue to pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment